With a solid background in the sporting world and no stranger to addressing challenging situations, Joe Furlow is frequently described as “Hardworking”, “Talented”, and “Honest”. Joe immediately brings over 20 years – and some significant successes in the hospitality industry – to every conversation. His diverse background lends itself to a broad range of subjects, including:
* San Jose (CA) State University – Psychology/Business Administration degree
* Marie Callender Corp. – Implemented Marie Callender’s Grille concept, opening 5 locations
* Up to Par Staff Management – Founder/entrepreneur. Developed innovative strategies for streamlining hiring and staff management for restaurant & private club industries.
* McMahon Group/Club and Resort Magazine – Named General Manager of the Year/received Excellence in Club Management Award.
* Club Management Association of America – World conference speaker (Nashville, Dallas), panelist/hospitality student educator.
* Club Management Association of America – Board of Directors, Golden State Chapter.
* Los Alamitos Pop Warner Organization – Head Coach, 14U Los Alamitos Pop Warner team.
Joe Furlow’s private club achievements have included:
* Virginia Country Club – General Manager. Led Club through $8.7 million clubhouse renovation/$1.1 million greens project.
* American Legion Yacht Club – Club Manager – Boasting a membership from all branches of the military (WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan), the club grew significantly, welcoming hundreds of new members and providing imaginative culinary events and sold-out holidays. The Legion’s July 4th weekend breakfast (serves 1200) has now become an annual neighborhood tradition.
* The Bridges in Rancho Santa Fe – Interim Director of Culinary Operations. Served as Interim Assistant General Manager/Food & Beverage Director during challenging times.
* Country Club of Rancho Bernardo – General Manager – This small, private club, boasts a championship golf course and versatile clubhouse. Oversaw increases in membership, food, beverage, and events, ensuring the ability to survive the worst recession in 70 years and positioning management to focus on future growth and development.
* Academy of Magical Arts – General Manager. Tripled revenues, expanded organizational reputation & built a membership waiting list of 500+ potential members.
Joe & his bride Renae are soon looking forward to celebrating 20 years of marriage, and have very active teenage twin boys.